Friday, October 2, 2009

Day Twenty-four...I Was going To Write About...

Hi.

Today I helped a friend in her store, Kingfisher Road. She was donating a portion of her sales to the Susan B. Komen Foundation. The response was wonderful. I bought a pink candle which is burning as I type. I ran into someone and we were laughing about something that I did in the past.. We both agreed that it was a perfect topic for today's blog. Guess what? I can't remember what I was going to muse about!! I called Lori, she couldn't remember either. I wish I could say that this is an isolated case. Not!! I am constantly forgetting to call people back..Do you ever get a call, click over, rush the person off the phone with a "I'll call you right back", go back to your previous call and don't call the other person back? It's not because I don't want to talk to the person rather it's because I don't remember who called or even better than that not remembering having spoken with them at all!! Am I losing brain cells? Am I on overload? What's up with that?

If I have to be honest, It's a "I can't control life changing thing". When nature allows us to go into menopause (sorry to any man who reads this) we are being stripped of soooooooooo many things, the top on my list is forgetfullness and foggy brain. I can be in a conversation with someone and totally zone out. I either go into the the waw waw waw and can't understand what the other person is saying OR I just have to stop in my tracks because I don't know what in the heck I was talking about. Do I admit that I had a brain fart? Sometimes when I am listening to someone very intently, I begin to yawn. I am not bored, I am truly fascinated in what they are telling me. If I concentrate too much my brain says, "Wolffie, I can't take this..don't work so hard". It's really embarrassing. I don't want anyone to think that what they are saying doesn't matter or is not relevant to me. I feign that I am tired. I just can't cop to the fact that I can't keep up with the conversation because I have "menopausal brain". Some might think that I have ADD or ADHD. I never had this problem before my hormones were stripped away!!! I could juggle a conversation, eat, laugh, knit all at the same time ( just one example). The point I am making is, I was always (and still strive to be) a interested in other people's thoughts and opinions kind of gal. WHERE DID SHE GO? WILL I GET HER BACK? Heavy sigh.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. A few years ago, we were going to Cambria on a family vacation. I layed out all the kids clothes, got the right number of pants, socks, underwear, pj's..you get the drift. I packed us all up..hubby loaded the car and off we went. When we got to the hotel and started to unpack, I realized that i didn't pack any clothes for one of my boys! I FELT SO TERRIBLE. I feverishly combed the streets of Cambria. There were no children's clothing stores!! We stopped at the gas station with a mini mart. They had several different styles of Cambria shirts. I scooped them up and my poor son had to wear the same jeans for a few days ( we did hand wash his undies and socks!!!) The t shirts were a couple sizes too big (that's all they had) so he wore them for a year or two. It was a constant reminder of my big ooops. The moral of this story is..write a list and check it twice!!!

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In love and Peace,

Wolffie




No comments:

Post a Comment