Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day Thirty..Mindless Days Don't Exist

Hi.

Have you ever woken up , looked in your day planner,Blackberry, iPhone or computer and saw that you had nothing on the books? That was me today!! It was perfect timing because I am feeling lazy. I hung out in bed, did paperwork that I needed to do and then I decided to go to a early movie. I love doing that. I phoned my friend Joanne and coerced her into joining me. We saw the new Jennifer Garner movie, Invention of Lying. I can't give it a thumbs up or thumbs down because it was somewhere in the middle. I did laugh and cry which is an important criteria for me. I just wasn't moved. while sitting in the theatre. I was entertained, but kept waiting for something more to happen. Would I recommend it? Only if there is nothing else to see and you want to check out for ninety minutes. What I got from the movie is.:Sometimes it is not always good to tell the blatant truth, i.e. "your ass looks fat in those pants." It might be better to be kinder with your words, i.e: "I think another style pant would better suit you better." Are you lying when you say the latter? No, you're just being concerned with how the other person might feel.

The truth is sometimes ugly. The truth can set you free as well. I guess it is all in how you tell someone. I can never see lying to another in order for them to feel great with a false sense of hope or security. I would rather be honest and do it in a way that will help them in their situation. There have been times when I have been clouded by hurt, kept it inside and then verbally threw up the truth on someone. There have been many a time when I have hurt someone and had to listen to tell tell me how they felt. So..what does one do? Do I always tell someone my feelings even if I am afraid they might hurt me in return? Do I have to listen to some attacking my character? Are we always honest to a fault? Are we guilty if we don't communicate all we feel? Are there ways to do this where everyone can learn and not be hurt? So much for an escape in the movies.

Why Listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. Yesterday I spoke about how I have to pull in the reigns with my spending. After the movie, I have had the urge to shop. Why is that? My mind kept going to " I NEED" to go to Target. I had to go to the market which is conveniently in the same parking lot. I didn't go.

The urge all started at dinner last night (not at a restaurant but at a friends), when my friends were talking about this boot at Target that looks like a Frye boot. It is really cute (you should get it). I was thinking "I have to have it." I mean it looks exactly like a Frye boot, real leather and it is on sale for $39.99! "I must have it." In the back of my head was "the call" from yesterday. I know I can't get them and really do I need them? I beg to argue with myself, " Is this about need Wolffie?" No. Fashion is not about need. It is about want. I hate to admit it, I am a fashionista! I can't believe that I put it in print. All love all aspects of fashion:l ingerie (though I don't wear fancy stuff), purses, belts, running clothes, jeans, suits, purses (you know that!).Are you getting the picture? I do not discriminate when it comes to fashion. I will say it doesn't have to be designer..I like it all!!

Have you seen the new T.J. Maxx commercial. I am paraphrasing here: "You no longer have to be a fashionista, you can be a Maxxinista". What does that mean? Spending is spending. I guarantee you that if I was to shop there, I would end up buying more than I would at Nordies. It's all in the justification. "This is such a good deal, why not get it in two colors?" Either way, I am spending. I almost fell for it. My head was there and my body ready to follow!! I thought I can become a Maxxinista!! Do you think my hubby would prefer for me to be a Maxxinista over a fashionista? I don't think so..because the $$ will still be ghone. Cha ching!

Can you relate?

More will be revealved. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

Can you relate?


2 comments:

  1. i saw those boots!!!!! very cute, but they didn't have them in my size :(

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.....then why do I constantly hear that little voice in my head, saying to me, "you NEED another pair of flat, black boots", over and over again? 'Tis a dilemma.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete