Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day Thirty-Five...Only On One Condition



Hi.

I had every intention of taking a run this morning, light rain or shine. When I dropped my boys off for school, it was sprinkling. I had a meeting at school and by the time I got out, the rain was coming down pretty hard. I talked myself out of the run. Who wants to get soaked? I thought I would go to the mall and walk there for about 45 minutes or so. First I had to go to Target to pick up a few things. I'll walk after I thought. Oh, Nordies is open, I think I'll go there and try on those pants I have been thinking about. Did that. No likie the pant ( which is good cuz I am on a frivolous spending freeze!!). Am I painting a picture for you? I only like to exercise when it fits into my mold, good weather. I also have to "walk" the mall when the stores are not open because I get side tracked very quickly. I wish you could burn calories while trying on clothes. I wish you could burn calories just because you think about burning calories. Why do I have to work hard to get a hard toned uuber body? When I am into my exercise I am totally in it: body, mind and soul. Sometimes I just can't mentally get there. Why is that? Am I lazy? Do I self sabotage? Who knows. I made a plan tomorrow to walk in the mall (early) if it rains or if it is sunny or drizzly then we will do a walk run. I would NEVER cancel on a friend, so why cancel on myself? Something to ponder.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. One of my boys is a runner. Right now he is in his cross country season. Did I mention that he is 13? I received a text from my son (while in class) asking if he could run after school. My first thought:"It is raining". My second thought: "What about his homework?" My third thought: "Shit he has discipline!" Who am I to squash his drive.? He has a big race this weekend. I text him back" "I guess". I have to examine why I wasn't overly joyed that he wanted to run. I know why. I didn't run this morning and it was raining much harder when he wanted to run. So selfish to put my crap on him. Don't you think?!? When I picked him up, I had a smile on my face and a beautiful tone in my voice. I drove my kids home, drove him back to his running pals house, picked him up. Wow. I am really proud of him for working at his running. Again he taught me about passion, drive, and discipline. I am convinced that my kids teach me more than I teach them.

Mantra for today? If you want to be a runner run.

Whatever it is in life that we want to be, we have to do it and not sit around talking and thinking about it?

What do you want? If you want to be a (fill in the blank) than DO IT!!!!

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment