Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 46...Some Days Are Better Than Others



Hi.

I am not in a good mood. I would like to be doing something other than writing this blog. My head is screaming, "Don't do it". My heart is saying, "Honor your commitment to yourself". There have been so many times in my life when I would get the "F" its and not follow through with something I had started.. Who am I hurting then? If I miss a day, I know it won't affect anybody but me. I don't want to be a quitter. This is what I teach my children. If you make a commitment..than you must follow through. You can always reassess when you are done with your commitment. This blog is an open ended commitment. I never gave myself a completion date!! So here I sit with nothing to say. Hum did-di- dum.

Our day started out fine. The Cross Country race for my son went well. He was happy with his race. The soccer game was another story. I am still fuming. Our team lost 2-1. That's okay. I can't tolerate bad sportsmanship. One of the players from the opposing team punched two of our players in the line after the game. Handshakes are supposed to be made, not a punch to the ribs!! The refs said it wasn't their problem, so I made it mine!!! There I went all 5'4"of me walking briskly to the opposing team. I talked to the coach. He didn't care that his player threw some punches. As I was walking away, I could hear laughter amongst the kids and their parents. I am sure they thought I was a lunatic,but somebody has to end this bad crap. I felt good about sticking up for my players. I usually don't open my mouth but our players were a bit stunned. We don't hit people after a game. These kids are 11 and 12 years old. Can't parents parent? Am I alone in thinking that it is our responsibility to teach our kids right from wrong? I could go on and on..but I won't. I am going to have an ice decaf coffee instead.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. My hubby and I were going on our honeymoon to The Caribbean. We took a red eye to New York and had a 3 hour stop over. We arrived in Saint Thomas and had a 2 hour stop over there. It was humid. We were tired. They asked us our weight, weighed our bags and even weighed my purse. I thought that was odd as I had never experienced that before. Our flight was finally called and we had to walk on the tarmac to our plane. As we passed planes, they were getting smaller and smaller. When we got to our eight seater plane, I overheard the pilot say, "I hate doing these flights". Why would he say that? We were told where to sit. My hubby and I weighed about the same, so we got to sit next to each other. "There is no air pressure on the plane", I whispered in a panic. The door shut. I couldn't breathe. "Get me off this plane", I barked. The pilot tried to talk me down from my panic. "Get me off this "F"ing plane". My chest was getting tighter and tighter. I never knew I was claustrophobic. Not the best time to realize this! We got off, our bags didn't. They needed the weight for the flight. What would have been a 20 minute plane ride became a three hour ordeal. We took a ferry to the other side of the island. Then we took a cab ride over a very windy road. All the while I am saying over and over again to my new hubby of less than 24 hours, "I am sooooooooo sorry. It won't always be like this"! We took a boat taxi to another island, our final destination. Our bags were waiting for us on the dock. We checked into the hotel. We missed dinner, but we made it. The rest of our honeymoon was wonderful, except for the bug bites I had up and down my legs!!!

Moral of the story: Not funny back then but really funny now!

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment