Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day Sixty-Three...Hustle And Bustle...Love It

Hi.

I have three college girls in my room while I am blogging. They are being loud and teasing me. All I want is quiet..and they are giggling fools. I need to concentrate. I have a huge grin on my face. There is nothing like laughter. Should I kick them out? Can't do it. I have to covet all the female energy I can while my girl is home from college. It's Thanksgiving time. Family and friends are coming to my house. I don't usually cook for this holiday, so I am a bit NERVOUS!!! My hubby and I trade off between whose family we are spending Thanksgiving with. This year it is my side of the families turn. My sister in law usually has the honors, but they are visiting their son in Portugal (Lucky!!!). Sooooooooooooooooooo, the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes fall on my shoulders. This crowd...love them....BUT they expect the best as my sister in law has spoiled all of us with her rocking cooking. I do love to set a table..well the end result. I can be a bit cranky when I am setting it. I need quiet and that's an impossibility in our house!!! Right now as I am writing this there are two or three conversations going on. Would I trade the hustle and bustle of my home life? No. I feel so blessed to be here. I feel blessed that my daughter and her friends like to hang out with me. They are so fun. It makes me feel young. It makes me feel current.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. I am the first to admit that if I want something and my head just can't give it up..I can be a manipulator. My daughter on the other hand is the Princess of getting what she wants. My daughter asked my boy, "Can I try on your shirt"? "Okay I guess" She tries it on. It looks cute. "Can I borrow it"? "Sure." Because I have used this tactic..I knew she was going to wear his flannel shirt from the second she asked him the question in her "sweet I am going to get my way for sure" voice. One of the things about being the only sister in the family does have its advantages.

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment