Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day Fifty-Three...On Your Mark..Get Set..Go

Hi.

I have been training for several months for the Calabasas Classic 10k run that is this Sunday. I am ready and excited. I woke up with a sore ankle and a sore throat today. I am going to do this race even if I have to tape my ankle and have a runny nose. This race signifies so much to me. Running did not come easily to me. At first I could only run maybe 1/4 of a mile without stopping (I wanted to stop). My lungs would burn and my body felt like a lead weight. Slowly but surely I had more stamina and that 1/4 mile became 1/2 mile and so on until I was able to run 6.2 miles. I had injuries and illness and I still stuck with it. I want to toot my own horn because I seem to start a million things and always give up. Part of why I stuck it out is because of my son. He is a runner and it gives us a common bond. I love that he asks how my runs were and sometimes we run together..or shall I say I follow him on a run!!! The other reason I stuck with it is because it calms me. I can be out of my mind crazy about who knows what and when I finish my run I am calm, calm, calm. So, on Sunday I will run as best as I can. My goal is to finish the race in less than 70 minutes and I would like to be in one piece! I don't think that is too much to wish for!!

Why Listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. As I have shared before, my bladder is not the best. I probably should wear depends, but something about an almost 49 year old woman doing so makes me cringe. So, I deal with the spillage that sometimes occurs. I have tried everything: sticking to decaffeinated drinks, water only, no liquids 1 hour before exercise...Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. There is no rhythm or reason to my bladder. It has a mind of its own. Nine times out of ten I have "an accident" while I am on a run. The one thing that I ALWAYS do is wear black tights, running skort, or shorts. This way my secret is safe (well the cats out of the bag now!).This is apart of growing older that NO ONE told me about. What would I have done with the information anyways?

Moral of the story: Sometimes what you don't know doesn't hurt you!!

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment