Monday, November 9, 2009

Day Fifty-Five...I Did It..Glad To Be Back

Hi.

I'm back!! I really missed blogging. The past five days have been a whirlwind. The kids had me driving all over the place, even when they were in school. My brother in law and nephew came into town, so we were hanging out. It was my mother-in-laws birthday. so we had a family dinner.... AND..... My 10k run finally happened on Sunday!! I FINISHED with a RESPECTABLE time, 6.2 miles in 1:04.19.95. My goal was to be under 70 minutes. If my math does me right that was a 10.21.2 mile pace. Not bad for an almost 49 year old lady who has only run 6.2 miles once before!! It was hot and hilly. I wanted to quit every time I got to this seemingly endless hill. Instead I chanted over and over and over again, "You can do it..you are not a quitter. You can do it, you are not a quitter". If I want to be completely honest, there was this woman who kept running past me, then she walked, so I ran past her, she ran passed me again, then she walked and I ran past her and she ran passed me AGAIN. Do you get the scenario? I told myself when I wanted to quit (besides you can do it, you're not a quitter), "There is NO WAY you can let her beat you." She didn't. At the last portion of the race, I sprinted past her, there was no turning back!! Yippee! My competitive nature REALLY took over. After the race, I had to change gears and throw a wedding shower for my friend's daughter. Did I mention it was at my house? I got everything ready on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I came back from the run, flew in the shower, put on my party clothes, hair and make-up and I was good to go! I love giving wedding showers. It is the start of a new chapter in two peoples (and their families) lives. It is innocent and promising and it makes me feel like all is good in the world. The smiles, the laughter and the glow of the love sends warm fuzzies down my spine.

All in all I had a wonderful few days. It is great to accomplish dreams. My next dream/goal is to run either a half marathon or do a mini triathlon. I will keep you posted. What happened to me? I was the woman who liked to stay in bed and watch TV. That's not entirely true, I love to swim. I find it to be meditative and easy on my body. It's getting in the bathing suit that is the hardest part. The Speedos (even the one pieces) are super tight and show off where the flab near my hips don't tuck into the bathing suit. What I seem to forget is that if I swim then the flab will go away!!! My next step is to jump in the pool a few times a week, do laps and then I have to tackle the bike riding all the while continuing my running. Is there a way to buy more hours in the day? Can I train, do my mom stuff, write, and have a moment to spare? I need a nap just thinking about it. I will figure it all out, I always do.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. I knew that it was going to be toasty when I did my 10k. I drank water but not enough to make it so I had to pee during the race. WRONG!! I even went to the Port-A-Potty just before the race started. Let me tell you that I really dislike Port-A-Potties. Where do I start: the smell, germs, the hole that shows you everything? GROSS!! Anyways,I peed the entire race every time I went up hill!! I don't know what to do, except wear black wicking clothes that dry quickly. I am not going to quit running. It seems like I am not going to quit peeing! I have to drink something to stay hydrated. I am not leaving a trail behind me, so no-one is going to slip on my pee and hurt themselves. I have to believe that I am not the only one who has this "problem". I just own it.


Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

1 comment: