Friday, December 18, 2009

Day Seventy-Five...It's A Beautiful Day

Hi.

It's a beautiful day here in Sunny Southern California. I woke up (which is always a good thing), had a yummy cup of coffee and met my running pal Pamela for a run. I have been having some groin problems. My oncologist suggested I try running off road. There is less pounding for my hips which can lead to groin pain. Who knew?

When we first started out it was a bit cool. The sun was shining and the trail was muddy. My first reaction was to stop and go for a road run. I am so thankful that Pamela is easy going. She took a breath and assessed our situation. "Lets try it.We can always turn back". So that's what we did.

I am so thrilled that we continued as it is a beautiful run. The trees are tall and amazing. We didn't spot deer today but I heard rustling in the bushes. Nature was alive and I felt alive with it. Today we were more silent than usual. Partly because we had to be more aware of our surroundings as there were ditches and loose branches over the trail. I loved being in my head. I felt calm and I couldn't help but feel my senses. One minute I was cold and then we would run into a hot air pocket. One minute I wanted to turn around and in an instant I wanted to run forever. I loved hearing my heartbeat and hearing my footsteps as they pounded the dirt. I felt every part of my legs. I felt each breath as I took a breath in and out. I felt my sweat running down my face and I felt my quick dry clothes soak my perspiration on my body. I felt so aware. I don't feel these same sensations when I run on the road. It was awesome.

I feel so lucky to live in an area that on December 18 it is warm enough to rip my layers off and run with my shirt over my shoulders letting my muffin tops be exposed to the sun. How freeing is that?!? The overall elation about this experience is that I have no groin pain!!! This has been a joyous day so far.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. I have talked about my issues with drinking liquids before a run and my peeing problem!! I have tried to drink practically zero liquids before a run. I don't feel that is good for hydration or for my muscles. I have tried drinking an hour before a run and go to the little girls room before I leave. I have tried to not think about it and drink on the way to my run. The latter is not a good choice for me. I always pee on my run!! It's fine now because I am wearing long pants (usually black) that are quick drying..so I am no worse for the wear I guess. Today I peed. It's kind of funny. I have this inner dialogue with myself.. I will catch myself singing a Britney Spear's song..."Ooops I did again"! What am I supposed to do? Not run? Should I wear depends? I have to hydrate. I am resigned to the fact that I am a pee..er. Truth be told, I pee when I laugh. I pee when I drink too much at lunch and try to hold it in because I have to pick up the boys. When we get home, I sprint to the bathroom. I don't always make it. I guess I should treat myself like a toddler and keep a fresh pair of thongs and clothes in the car. OMG that's sounds too funny!!! LOL.

Moral of the story: I am who I am. Pee and all!!!

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment