Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day Eighty-One..If I Could Turn Back Time..Would I


If I could turn back the hands of time…I would. I just want January 9-19 back so I could change some of the events that happened. One: my daughter going back to college. I love her independence. But I could have enjoyed a bit more time with her. The problem about her being a well rounded young woman is..she doesn't need to be with me all the time. I just wanted to spend more time window shopping, having our yummy lunches, getting our mani and pedi’s AND engulfing myself in her beautiful female energy. Now that she is gone…the testosterone energy in my house is alive and...well ...how can I put this…..larger than life. Spring break is around the corner. So I am counting the days.

My youngest son, Soccer Stud, broke his arm in two places on January 9Th. The good man from upstairs was watching over me because I was on a run when it happened. The thought of watching him scream out in pain is nightmarish to me. I was on my way to his game (a bit late) and and I called the hubby and he promptly said the ambulance was on the way, Soccer Stud broke his arm and I should meet him at ER. So, calm mommy(really I was!!!) went and stood buy her little guy for 5 hours. It’s so hard to watch a child in pain. I kept asking for the pain killer. It took at least an hour in a half for him to get some morphine. There’s nothing like that drug. He calmed down, sang a bit and we could be at ease until they had to sedate him for the resetting of his arm. So, four morphine shots, a sedation and a casting, we got to go home. Unfortunately for Soccer Stud, he had to get his arm recast four days later. That meant another trip to the hospital, sedation, a resetting and a new red cast.

We were supposed to all go to New York for a family event. Soccer Stud couldn't fly. I stayed home with him and we vowed to have a nice quiet fun weekend. I promised him a sushi night and Japanese food where they cook for you in the middle of the table. The hubby doesn't like to go because your clothes get super stinky. We both think its worth the stink. Our weekend was going as planned…fun…lots of hanging…sushi. We even watched The Jets VS chargers game from start to finish. After dinner we went for our yummy but stinky meal with another family. It was a rainy night so I was going ahead to get the car after dinner so Soccer Stud wouldn't get his cast wet. I opened the door of the restaurant, and BOOM..I slipped and my knee went one place while my leg went in another direction. I felt something and it was not good. I screwed up my MCL. So, here I am in a knee brace and on crutches. OMG. WTF. I can’t train for my ½ marathon. I'm not happy about that. I can’t go to the market. I am happy about that!! My family is waiting on me. I like that.

Why listen to Wolffie. Because I get it. I think there is a message here? Am I supposed to slow down? Should I be catching up on all the shows I have on Tivo? Should I read the four books I have had on my nightstand for months? Should I spend more individual time with my boys? Should I spend more one on one time with the hubby? Should I be more in the moment? Should I do my needlepoint and knitting projects that are waiting so patiently for me to finish? All these "should I's" sound warm and fuzzy.

The moral of the story is: There is no moral. Accidents happen. This one sucks. I guess that is a moral!!

Can you relate? More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment