Thursday, March 3, 2011

Entry One Hundred and Nineteen...Thanks to Julia and Julia

Hi. I have been home sick all week with the flu. High fever, aches and acough. Needless to say, I had to cancel my weekly writing of our blogs date with my pal. Who could think past the fogginess in my head? I must be getting on the mend because i am a bit bored and started to think about washing my greasy hair. I am caught up on all my Tivo shows...so I started flipping channels...and there it was...Julie and Julia. I LOVE this movie. This movie inspired me to start my blog. I set out to write everyday for 365 days and unfortunately life got in the way. And I thought I failed myself. But did I? I know that I have learned so much from writing this blog. I have found a voice inside my menopausal exterior. I have found that through humor I can get through anything and honoring my sadness is OK..As I watched Julie and Julia....I knew I had to blog today. I don't have much wit in my brain. I really want to sleep. Next week will I am sure the fog will be gone and I will be able to put a tale together. As I have said many times before; this is not about perfection. I am going to take my imperfect body, make a cup of tea and convalesce.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. Funny story...hmmmm....funny story..hmmmm. In homage to the infamous Julia Child, I must share with you about how my kids feel about my cooking. I think they are bored with my cooking. I used to be a great cook. I had time and my kids were not as involved in life as they are now. Most nights we don't eat until 8;30. Who wants to eat a heavy scrumptious meal at that time? Not me. As it is I have put on some poundage since our late night suppers. And this is with eating so so meals. It's all about quick and easy. Did I share that I have a pescatarian in the mix? The Hubby is working on getting his cholesterol down, so now he is not eating meat or poultry. I support him in this, but it makes it hard to cook. I don't want to live on pasta as it seems that the pasta goes straight to my thighs and buttock. I am veering away from my story. We were having a nice evening and the subject of parents cooking came up. Soccer Stud One was raving about his friend's parents cooking. I mean on and on and my sphinxter was getting tight...and then the words came out...hold onto your seats...."Your an Ok cook" My jaw dropped.... "A what"? Did I mention that he had a few friends over?!? Truth be told...he is right. It just stung a bit to hear those words out loud. I have become a boring cook. I have lost my passion. Julia Child I am not. And guess what? I am not changing right now. We are in a phase of sports and schelping and I have to be OK with that. I have to admit something..half the time The Hubby comes home and says "What's for dinner" ?"I dont know..you tell me?" That's the one part that's going to have to change. So tonight it's baked potatoes and steamed veggies. Yum.

Can you relate? More will be revealed.

Signing off until we meet again. Please come back for more.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment