Monday, May 14, 2018

Layers

I have come to realize that life is full of layers.  Whether it be how you cut your hair, how you dress, or how you uncover and discover the meaning of your life..it definitely has layers.

As cliche as that sounds..it is true.  For example...I have been trying to grow out my hair from a very short hairdo..I want to cut it because my layers just are not working right now.  BUT, haircuts and life are not about immediate gratification.  Life is one day at a time. Hair takes forever to grow. Impatience is a nuisance...when my inner thoughts turn to ramble and negativity..I am screwed.  Cut your damn hair.  You look ugly.  Need I go on?  My inner voice sometimes speaks bullshit. It's my worse critic.

I have a shoulder injury.  It’s been 2 1/2 months and I have a while to go.  I don’t sleep..I don’t exercise..and I am a bit in the dumps.  I have put on some poundage.  It doesn’t feel good..Now is the time that  I appreciate layers!!  I can wear a skinny jean, a loose shirt and a awesome velvet duster and feel okay.  It hides the middle.  No harm  No foul. Just a funky look. Still a fashionista!!


Why listen to Wolffie?  Because I get it. The layers that have been cultivating for years are my emotional layers.  It’s crazy how I still am peeling off events and feelings that have been stuck on me. It’s liberating to peel them off.  It brings me closer to my truth.

 Life is fabulous.  Life is messy.  Sometimes I hide behind a hairstyle or fashion so I don’t have to deal with the real deal..which is me and my ever so complicated head.  I am so thankful that I found meditation.  It calms my thoughts and lets be know that it’s okay to have layers.  Don’t fight them..just peel em off so I can enjoy the finer things in life..my hubby, my kids, my friends and my self expression.  No matter where I am..that’s right where I am supposed to be.

Can you relate?  More will be revealed.

Signing off until we meet again.  Please come back for more.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie




















Today Wolffie is wearing:
Rag and Bone Jeans
Vince Top
Freepeople Duster
Chanel Espadrilles
Kaura Jewels Warrior Bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment