Saturday, June 16, 2012

One Hundred and Thirty-Three...And So On and So On

Hi. Life is in full session at my  humble abode.  My College Studette is a graduate from University of Colorado at Boulder.  Go Buffs!! So her new name is......Graduate Studette!!! I am so proud of her. My twins...Soceer One Stud and Running Stud got their drivers licenses!!! Oy....actually they are great drivers and my life is way less hectic.....except that I do get a bit ruffled in my knickers until I know they are home safe and sound.  I gotta say I love that they have to be in by 11:00..it's the law my darling Studs!!! Sometimes you gotta love the law!! Soccer Stud Two culminated from middle school.  I have three testosterone boys in high school.  How did this happen?!? Time does fly...and with time flying..my hair seems to be getting more gray, so today I went way blonde to hide the gray and to hide the wrinkles that just "appeared" overnight!! Could it be that I have more on my plate than I need?!?  I mean lets face it...having teenagers is a full time job of navigating them into to safe waters, trying not to take their "you soooooo are annoying  me" tone when I ask them to clean up the man-cave, do the dishes, stop bickering, clean your room, go get a job.....and so on and so on. I am pooped just thinking about and writing this!!!  I have to say that I am fortunate to have The Hubby support me most of the time.  I have to admit that sometimes I feel a bit left out in the cold because he can act like a teenager too!!! Having Graduate Studette back home is a HUGE lift to my spirits because she gets me....all the estrogen parts of me.  She gets that I cry at commercials.  She gets that sometimes I look in the mirror and feel like I am not me...and the next day I look in the mirror and I am back to me!! Oh the joys of women bonding!!!! I will say that these past few months have been filled with joyous celebrations.  I love mi familia and even though I am in the eye of the testosterone storm...I wouldn't trade my life.  My heart is warm and full and joy surrounds me.

Why listen to Wolffie?  Because I get it.  Tomorrow is Fathers's Day.  I miss my daddy.  This year it is not as painful as years past and I am not sure why.  I do know that I want to celebrate The Hubby tomorrow. He is a fabulous dad.  Our kids love him so..you can see it in their eyes.  They think he is a kick and he is.  He is his own true self...a bit quirky and really fun spirited.  That's why I fell in love with him.  He beats to his own drum and his passion for life is so infectious.  He is a family man first and I both love and respect him for that.  My daddy was a family man too.  "They" say that a girl marries a man that is like her dad.  I married a man that is kinda like my dad.  My dad LOVED my mom and I feel that in my guy. He truly loves me. My dad LOVED his kids..and I see and feel that in my guy.  I think this year I am not so sad about Father's Day because I am focusing on The Hubby.  I feel blessed that my kids cherish their dad.  I feel blessed that we still love each other and parent our kids together. So, tomorrow I will celebrate that I loved my daddy and because of him...I fell in love with my guy. Happy Father's Day Daddy. I love you.  Happy Father's Day Hubby.  I cherish you.

Can you relate? More will be revealed.

Signing off until we meet again.  Please come back for more.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie



No comments:

Post a Comment