Friday, June 18, 2010

Day One Hundred and Five...Is It Still Summer?

Hi.

Each year when the school year draws to a close, I can't wait to just chill with my kids. It's the best. No getting up in the morning. Lounging in my Jammie's till at least 11:00. Oh the thought of it sends warm fuzzies through my body.

Well, I am here to say that so far it has been 3 1/2 days of summer and I am TIRED. I haven't been able to chill and veg cuz my kids are getting older and they have agendas!! Imagine that. Their soccer stud pals have been sleeping over to watch the World Cup. Some mornings it has been 4:00 in the morning. For crying out loud don't they think of us in Pacific Standard time?!? I do love their energy and excitement when they watch the games. My running boy stud wants to run every day to keep in shape for the Cross Country Season. Although I am overjoyed with his commitment, he wants to run at the oddest times and it is not conducive for my chill time.

I started to get oh so cranky and then it dawned on me...I don't have much longer to shelp my boys. They are growing up oh so fast and soon they will be driving and they won't need me. And that stings. I am not saying that they won't love me..it's just that I witnessed through my college studette daughter that they really start to soar in high school. They like their freedom and they should..but it's a weird thing to have to deal with cuz I was and still am used to being the go to mom. My cutie boy twins are going to high school (shit where did the time go?) in the fall and I know the drill. Their eyes are already starting to roll and they might not want to sit with me and the hubby at the football and basketball games. I am still gonna go though because I never did the rah rah thing when I was in high school..which I think was a crying shame. I wanted to grow up soooo fast. And the truth is that you are older way longer than you a young!! I thought it was stupid to partake in my high school activities. So now, because our community is involved in high school sporting events, I get to whoop and yell along with the kids. I LOVE IT!! Oops I detoured a bit....back to the summer.....I am going to say this out loud..I am going to be calm..I am going to enjoy shelping my boys..I am going ignore my kids teenage mouths (to the best of my ability)...I am going to drink decaf instead of caffeine( to help in my plight to stay calm and enjoyable!! :).

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. The first time I went to a high school football game when my daughter was a freshman was a eye opening experience. She wanted nothing to do with us. I wasn't used to it. I went with then hubby my three boys in tow ( they were pipsqueaks at the time). They LOVED my daughter and her friends. They ignored us. We didn't exist. My heart felt heavy. My mind understood. She was growing up. I didn't like it. I had to deal with it. So, we sat on the far end of the bleachers along with the other parents and kids who were banished from their high school kids. It felt a little better. Safety in numbers. So, that year passed and by the time she was a senior in high school it all magically changed. She sought us out at the games and sat with us. SHE HUNG WITH US......SHE REALLY REALLY WANTED TO HANG WITH US (I love Sally Fields)!!

Moral of the story: Let the kiddies fly cuz they come flying back home.

Can you relate? More will be revealed.

Please come back for more. Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment