Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day One Hundred and Thirty-four..Be Careful What You Wish For!!!

Hi.  It's quiet in the house.  This is rare.  The Hubby took the boys on a  short Vacay and Graduate Studette is house sitting for a couple of days.  I had to stay home to work..which is fine because I thought it would be nice to chill in my home by myself for a couple of days.  Graduate Studette just left with her friend after we ordered in a gluten free pizza and a salad.  I was digging the idea of the gluten free pizza because my new food kick is to stay off wheat.  I ordered  a Pizza Margarita..and I was looking so forward to it.  The pizza was REALLY small.  So I ask you in blog peeps....why do they charge 16 bucks for a pizza that is smaller than a small and they call it a medium?!? I mean really!!! I was still hungry after eating the 16 buck pizza and the 12 buck salad.... that I ate a non gluten free roll..with butter!!! OY. Let me get back to my first point....I always think I will enjoy some down time when  mi familia is not around. Our house is full of life and so much noise. Do I dare say this out loud....I miss the craziness .  My dog even seems a bit doggie depressed without the boys around!!!   When I am in the thick of my day, I wish for silence sometimes.  Wouldn't you if it was a constant barrage of asking me to buy them something, take them somewhere, teasing me, teasing each other, major farting and burping and always going to the market because they are always eating us out of house and home (truth is The Hubby goes to the market more than me). Do you get where I am coming from?  I feel like I am a hamster on that damn wheel and I can't get off!!!!!! So, who wouldn't want some alone time? Who wouldn't want a bit of peace? I am bored.  I don't feel like knitting.  I don't feel like reading.  I don't feel like shopping.  I kinda want mi familia around. You don't always know what you are missing...until you miss it.

Moral of the story...be careful what you wish for.

Why listen to Wolffie?  Because I get it.  Earlier today when I was still enamored with the fact that I was alone for a few days...I got to meet two dear friends for coffee at a restaurant right on the beach.  It was a beautiful day and the beach was so much cooler than the hot valley. Anyways, we were yacking, laughing and catching up on each others lives.  One of my gal pals was in from out of town so it was nice to see her face to face.  I feel so blessed to have friendships that just pick up where we left off.  Anyways, the point I want to touch on is aging.  I can't count how many times we were in a conversation and something just clicked for us to be talking about something else and we couldn't navigate back to the original conversation because our menopausal brains can't go from one topic to another!! I mean really, what is happening to us?  Is this the way our lives are gonna be forever?  Are we going to only do one conversation at a time?  Do we pick topics and stick to them?  BORING!!!!  Maybe I should have a pen and paper on hand at all times so I can jot down key words to jog my memory. HMMMMMM...not a bad idea!! The one thing my gal pals and I have is laughter.  If  we can't laugh about this phase of our development...we are screwed... I mean really screwed!! Shit..I was going to say something about our morning..but I forgot!! Where is my pen and paper when I need it?!?

Can you relate?  More will be revealed.

Signing off until we meet again.  Please come back for more.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment