Friday, December 11, 2009

Day Seventy..Life Lines

Hi.

I got my new drivers license in the mail today. I must say that after 10 years between pictures, I look pretty darn good!! If I were to nit pick , I could say that the my lines are a little deeper. Shouldn't there be deeper life lines? I mean these past ten years have been big years. I was diagnosed with cancer, we moved and had a lifestyle change, my hubby changed careers, my daughter became a teenager (that's enough to have deep lines!), we raised three toddler boys to teenagers (that's enough to have deep lines!), I went through menopause (that's enough to have deep lines!), my daddy died (that's enough to have deep lines!) my daughter became a bat-mitzvah (that's enough to have a permanent smile line!), my twin boys had a b'nai mitzvah(that's enough to have a smile line), and all my kids were active in sports after a sports after sports (that's enough to have gray hair and lines!).

The point I am trying to make here is that I lived life. I have had great moments, scary moments and fantastic moments that all deserve a deep line and a wrinkle here or there. Call them badges of honor if you will. I can name when I got each one and they all have tremendous meaning..so I can't botox them or fill them away. I feel like my life experience would be wiped clean. I don't want a clean slate.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. A few weeks back, I wrote about putting my new weight on my drivers license. At the time I was gungho about being honest and empowered. I kind of wained a bit as my appointment at the DMV got closer. Who really NEEDS to know my true weight but me? I thought about if I got into a car accident and they needed to give me medicine. Wouldn't they need to know my actual weight to formulate the correct dosage ( how did I even think about that?!?)? My number was called, I took my eye exam, and paid my fees. At the last second I told the DMV associate, "My weight has changed". "Oh, just put the change right here darlin". That's it. No big announcement on the loudspeaker that said, "Weight change at window 27". She didn't praise me for my honesty. She didn't give me the once over to see how much bigger I looked (baggy shirt!!). NO BIG DEAL. I suggest you try it some time.

Moral of the story: No one gives a rats ass about my physical appearance more than me.

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment