Friday, November 13, 2009

Day Fifty-Eight..Do Pictures Tell A Lie?

Hi.

I was looking at picture of myself from the 10k run that they sent me from the race. I have to say that I was appalled. I looked like another person. Who was this woman? My face kinda resembled me, but the body? Did they cut my face and put it on another person's body? I was wearing the outfit (in the picture), but I looked.......BIG. Do you know when the paparazzi shoots a picture of a usually fit and trim actress on the beach in a bathing suit looking out of shape and lumpy? The headlines reads, "So and so caught in Hawaii looking like a beached whale". Here's mine, "Wolffie rolls into the finish line looking like a sumo wrestler..watch out or she'll roll over you!!". When I look at myself in the mirror, I don't see that same image. I don't see Twiggy mind you, but I do see a reflection of a woman who is average in weight. The thighs could be a bit thinner and you know how I feel about my middle age tummy. BUT REALLY, after running 6.2 miles ,couldn't they take a flattering shot? Maybe when I come into the finish line at my next race I could run in sideways and hold my arm like the models and actresses do when they are photographed. SH*T. What is it going to take for me to be svelte? I don't eat sugar, I don't eat many bad carbs, I don't drink alcohol and I exercise 3-4 times a week. I guess I could cut my portions. Should I take the skin off my chicken? Probably, but it tastes sooooooooooooooo good. There lies the answer..willingness. Am I willing to do whatever it takes to lose the last 5-10 pounds? Hmmmmmmmmmm, not sure I want to focus on that one right now!!!


Why listen to Wollfie? Because I get it. I love skinny jeans. They look great when I wear a longish sweater or wrap. My thighs are the bomb and my muffin top looks non existent. All is good until I sit down. My crack shows!! Not a pretty site. I am not a teenager who can "kind of" get away with it because her cute thong is peeping out for the world to see. Not a good look on a 48 (almost 49) year old woman with four kids and a hubby. Does the world want to see that? Do I want the world to see that? I have figured out how to get around the "crack look". I either have a sweater that I put over my seat that becomes a makes shift curtain or I wrap it around my waste when I am at a game or sitting on the grass. No crack spotting then!! Why can't they make high wasted skinny jeans? I am sure I could get the skinny jean look in the "older person's" section at Nordies. The problem is that the denim is not as thick, the dyes are not as groovy and the stitching just doesn't compare. Damn it, I want the cool skinny jeans. I don't even have to ( or want to) spend the big bucks. I'll go to H&M. I'll go to Target. I'll go wherever. I just don't want to reveal the crack. Why do they (the designers) forget about us "more mature" bodied women who want to be hip but don't want to reveal our butt cracks? Is this asking too much? This is a dilemma.

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

1 comment: