Monday, October 5, 2009

Day Twenty-Seven...It's That Time Again


Hi.

It felt wonderful to wake up and feel cold. The latter part of summer here in the San Fernando Valley has been brutal.On this brisk morning, I had to turn the heat on!! When fall begins, my flip flops go deep into my closet and I bring out my close toed shoes. I have been slacking off a bit on my mani/pedi's..because of time and money. It's a luxury in the spring/summer. I can get away with scrubbing my feet with this awesome tool I bought. I lather them up with a really thick lotion. It is a a total necessity in fall/winter. I didn't realize that I had Elvira toenails until this weekend. Ouch. I went today for a much needed mani/pedi after I got done with making appointments for the doctor, orthodontist, and gyno.

Going to the mani/pedi place here is always an experience. I sat back in the massage chair. "Deluxe manicure and pedicure?" "How much is it?""$68.00 dollas". "How much is the regular?" "$38.00 dollas"."I'll have the regular today please." I got the I can't believe you are not doing the deluxe look. I thought to myself..should I? "No Wendy You Don't Need It. Don't Succumb to THE LOOK." I sat back comfortably in my chair as the rollers perfectly massaged my back. As the nail polish was being taken off my toes, my pedicurist started talking in her native tongue to the woman doing my manicure. I felt the need to say, "I am sorry for my long nails. I went a bit too long in between pedicures" "Uh huh", she muttered. She started up again talking in her native tongue. What was she saying? Is she saying that I have the worst toenails she has ever seen? Close your eyes Wolffie and enjoy the rollers. I have to admit, this was my first time coming to this nail salon. SH*t they did a fab job. When I was done, I hastily jumped out of my chair as I was late in meeting a pal for a quick taco at La Salsa. I slipped and ruined four of my toenails!!! If looks could kill..I'd be a gonner. She gave me that "I can't believe you did that " smile as she took off the ruined polish and perfectly did it again. This time I knew what she was saying in her native tongue!! I would have said it too!!! (use your imagination!!!) I can't wait to put on my tennies tonight for my run with the lululemon running club. I should knock off some time just because my nails are shorter. Less weight!!! :) It's going to be comfortable for sure!!

Why Listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. Do you always practice what you preach? I wish I did. Today, I picked up the boys after school. I started out strong.."Tell me something positive about your day." They started talking all at once. Calmly I said, " One at a time, please!" One of the boys started telling me about the best part of their day was this morning realizing how lucky he is because he has a nice home and a great family he loves. Awwwww. (one of the other boys snickers). I respond, "If you have nothing nice to say then..blah blah blah." The snicker doodle goes on to say that he did well on a test. The other brother says. "Well that's good but you said you could do 6 minute mile and you did a 7 minute mile.". I respond, "What did i just say...blah blah blah. You owe each other an apology..not cool." They both muttered, "Sorry."

How many times do you think I will have to engage in this dialogue? My nephew Dexter (the adorable dog ) just got back from doggy boot camp. Maybe I could send my boys there? I have threatened them with going to a manners class, maybe I could threaten them with "get along and respect your siblings and be nice to each other camp. Hmmm. This threat might work!!

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

1 comment:

  1. i bet i can guess which boys made each comment, but i'm not going to publicly humiliate them because "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it!!!" love you!!!! 3 days! xoxoxoxxxoo

    ReplyDelete