Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day Twenty-five...Passing It On


Hi.

The weekends are sometimes hard for me to write for the blog. Do you always want to hear about my kids soccer games and cross country meets? I went to show my friend the shower invitation for her daughter's upcoming nuptials. She was at my friends house who is co-hosting the luncheon. Of course they are fabulous and she is so excited. What I want to talk about is our conversation after.

We all have kids in various shapes, ages and sizes. We got to talking about how things happen in our lives that at the time are so horrific and painful.. We all agreed that you never know how your experience can help another somewhere down the line...pay it forward.

When one of my twins was 12 weeks old, he had open heart surgery. Not long after that horrendous ordeal, my friend's high school daughter had some health issues. I got to share with her the feelings of helplessness and how to be there for our kids without them knowing our fear. It helped me to share my experience, strength and hope. It helped her to know that she could and would get through it. Her daughter is getting married to a great guy in December. He is so lucky to marry into a wonderful, loving, funny family.

Our other friend was our kids teacher in elementary school. She was not only a fantastic and motivating teacher, she has also become apart of our families. Often times I have called her asking for advice about school, homework and issues with drinking, and she had helped me set my feelings aside and look at the issues I needed to with openness and clarity .Boy did she help me down from the roof many a time!!! She was diagnosed with breast cancer about 1 1/2 years ago. I was able to be there for her, listen to her, cry with her, laugh with her and most importantly I got to tell her that I understood. She wasn't alone in her thoughts. As a fellow breast cancer warrior, I got to share how I fought. She is a beautiful warrior. I was looking at her today and thinking how blessed the world is because she is in it. Now, she is homeschooling children who are going through cancer. She is there for them as a teacher and a beautiful spirit who gets it. How lucky are they to have her.

Why listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. I am trying to wind up this blog with a funny and light story. This afternoon really hit home to me how precious our lives are and how important family and friends are. I learned by listening and watching my two girlfriends that whatever we do in our lives, good, bad, funny or painful we can share our life experiences with someone else. We can help someone understand the joys and disappointments in life. We can engage in laughter, wipe a tear, give a hug, nod in understanding. What a gift life is. The more years we have in life, the more understanding we can be if we just open our hearts and minds and share with another human being. A contemplative afternoon I did have and yet I feel so honored to have people in my life that I can look at with love and admiration. I am fortunate to have many people in my life who I share my heart with. The best part of it is that they share their hearts with me.

Moral of the day.....Pay it forward.

Can you relate?

More will be revealed. Please come back for more.

Signing off until we meet again.

In Love and Peace,

Wolffie

No comments:

Post a Comment