Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day Twelve..I Couldn't Help Myself


Hi,

I went to "visit" my purse at the Chanel Boutique in Neiman Marcus. My cousin was in town for the holidays and somehow we got on the subject of "my visits". He wanted to see my handbag so I happily obliged. I almost had a panic attack. The black Large Caviar was GONE!!! The sales associate came up to me,"Can I help you" (she wasn't the regular). I inquired about the handbag, and she told me the black Caviar was selling like mad. She offered to check in the back to see if there were others. I had to say " No thank-you" while I modeled the white handbag for my cousin. It didn't feel the same. We left Neiman's and went to a more affordable store, H & M!!!

Someone is wearing my bag. I hope they enjoy it. The funny thing is if I could get it..would I? Hmmmmmmmmm. Oh yeah I would . Does this sound shallow? Yeah, but it is just a game I am play with myself. Don't we all play games now and then?

Today I went for a run with Pamela. We ran the course for the 10k we are training for. On race day we have to run it twice. Today we ran it once (3.2 miles). I kept saying to myself, "you are enjoying this hill' over and over again. I really don't like running hills..they make me work too hard!! I played a game with myself so I could get through it. When I finished the run, I felt accomplished. So many times in my life I have stopped doing something because it was hard, especially when it comes to exercise. So pushing through today and playing a mind game worked in the positive.

Why Listen to Wolffie? Because I get it. When my daughter was a toddler, I swore I would NEVER take her to McDonald's. We ate only organic and I got her treats that were sweetened with fruit juice and gave her carob instead of chocolate. She didn't know the difference so all was good. One day I was with a friend and she convinced me one time wouldn't hurt to go to McDonald's. I went all out..chicken McNuggets, fries and a milkshake. I couldn't let her eat her meal without tasting it first!! I HAD to see if it was poisonous!! It wasn't. It was good. I probably ate more of her meal than she did. When my boys were toddlers, the twins got McDonald's sooner and the baby was eating fries for his teething. We still ate healthy at home I said to myself. We didn't and don't have fast food very often. My kids are active. Moderation is okay. Is this a game? You bet it is and it works!!

1 comment:

  1. Wendy,

    Love reading your blog!!!

    Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family... Jan XXOO

    ReplyDelete